Workplace safety is important for all professions and industries. It is more important for some like the constructions industry and mining industry to name a few; however, it is necessary be aware and follow safe procedures in all workplaces. Doing so ensures your own safety and the safety of fellow staff members.
Workplace safety tips to keep in mind and avoid slips or falls:
- Workplaces can have unexpected spills or leaks especially construction sites and other similar workplaces. Hence it is a good idea to watch you step and look at the space in from while walking.
- Workplace spills can be a cause of fatal incidents. Thus any accidental spills or leaks should immediately be brought to the notice of the appropriate personnel.
- In workplaces like petroleum industry and other workplace that use toxic material it is a good idea to wear special boots. Depending on the type of industry special boots are available to protect against skidding and even stepping on toxic substances.
- When reaching for items at a height it is vital to use the designated ladders to do so.
- Leaning on railings on a roof or on staircase or and similar place can be disastrous especially at a construction site.
- When working at great heights with no support it is advisable to use a safety harness.
Health and Safety tips at Workplace when lifting heavy items
- When lifting heavy items manually, be sure to check how heavy it is. This way you can be aware of how much exertion it will take and even prevent from back injuries.
- It is a good idea to wear easy and non-skid shoes when lifting heavy items.
- Follow proper methods when lifting heavy items. The right way to pick up a box is to bend at the knees while keeping the back straight and not to bend at the waist.
- Avoid jerks when lifting heavy items.
Workplace safety tips for fire safety
- Every work place should have a fire plan, so that in case of a fire there is no confusion or incidents. Fire drills are the best way to prepare everyone in case of an emergency.
- Many chemicals can be the cause of a fire. Hence special chemicals and even cleaning chemicals should be kept at a proper place and proper manner. The place should be well ventilated and far from any flammable material or sparks.
- It is a good idea to mark the fire extinguishers clearly so that it is clearly visible at all times.
- There are few fires that cannot be extinguished with water. This includes oil fires, grease fires, etc.
Safety Training with Safety First
- Safety first consulting offers several workplace health and safety training services. They provide every kind of assistance in order to be compliant with the government regulations and to make sure that the workplace is safe.
- They many types of services like health and safety programs that include inspections, workplace safety policy development, first aid training, basic supervision techniques and more.
- With a highly skilled and certified team of safety consultants, Safety first is the ideal firm to help meet your workplace safety requirements.