What is Industrial Safety Training?
Industrial Safety Training is in general crucial to generate awareness amongst the employees and employers about the hazardous the workplace. The help protect human life as well as the plants and the environment.
Why is it required?
Industrial safety training should be given high priority. It is often overlooked by several businesses due to the following reasons:
- The business is a small start-up firm and has many budget constraints.
- The decision process is very slow due to multiple levels of management.
- The main priority of the firm is to first be successful.
- The firm is a “One man show” with little or no authority given to the management.
- There are still many people not aware about the seriousness of the situation (workplace hazards).
The Industrial safety topics are of great importance, here are some statistics to further drive the point.
- In the year 2013 approximately 4405 workers were killed at the workplace.
- Workplace “Falling” was the reason for over 35% of the workplace deaths.
- Additionally “Electrocution” was the cause for more that 8% of the workplace deaths.
[SRC: United Sates Department of Labor https://www.osha.gov/oshstats/commonstats.html%5D
Types of Industrial Safety Systems:
- PSS – Process Shutdown System or Process Safety System.
- SSS – Safety Shutdown System
- ESD – Emergency Shutdown
- EDP – Emergency Depressurization Systems
ESD: Here are the three levels:
- Level 1: Level 1 can be activated from the main control room of the process industrial plant.
- Level 2: Level 2 can be activated by the person in charge of the plant shutdown and isolates the individual ESD zones. Additionally this also activates.
- Level 3: This level provides liquid inventory containment.
Trusting Safety First when it comes to Safety Training:
Safety first is one firm that is well placed to help organizations on the subject of OHSA. In fact Safety First has several industrial safety training courses Ontario to offer so that the company management can have a better understanding of the same. Their team consists of certified safety professionals and an expert team of Health and safety professional consultants with experience in businesses of all sizes and a wide variety of different industries as well.