Workplace safety is essential in just about every industry. The reason being that every year there are fatal accidents or health related fatalities. The statistics collected over the years does shows a decrease in the number of workplace incidents. However, the number is still quite high and does need to be dealt with in a correct manner. There are some industries that are more prone to workplace incidents than others like the construction and manufacturing industries, however this is a matter that every industry should be taking seriously.
Statistics and Facts for Workplace Incidents in Recent Years
- 4679 Workers met with fatal workplace accidents in the year 2014 in USA alone.
- 20.5 % of these accidents where in the construction industry.
- In Canada approximately 16143 people lost their lives to workplace injuries in the period between 1993 and 2010.
Significance of Workplace Safety Training:
The number of workplace injuries has fall in recent years. For example, in Canada there has been decrease in number of fatalities in the last 30 years from 5% down to 1.5% of the workers. But still year many workers miss work due to work related injuries that can be prevented.
The safety training that the workers receive at the workplace has a lot to do with preventing accidents from occurring. Even a fully qualified and skilled worker can be the victim of a fatal accident. However, if proper guidelines and training is provided by the employees pertaining to the industry and workplace this can be prevented.
Workplace Safety Training:
- Good and quality training lays the foundation for a safe workplace.
- Workplace safety programs are usually industry specific and designed to include most of the major issues.
- These workplace safety programs are also tailored made for each firm in addition to being industry specific.
- Thus a training program can make sure that workers are well aware of the dangers at the workplace and also well trained to deal with an emergency situation.
- The method of the workplace training depends a great deal on the industry. It can be either in-house, onsite safety training or even online for that matter.
- In-house workplace training would usually include the use of special equipment or special scenarios. For example, this may include making use of ropes for rescue.
- Whereas the on site safety training is more to do with the dangers and preventions to be taken at the work site.
Safety Training with Safety First
Safety first consulting offers several workplace health and safety training services. They provide every kind of assistance in order to be compliant with the government regulations and to make sure that the workplace is safe.
They many types of services like health and safety programs that include inspections, workplace safety policy development, first aid training, basic supervision techniques and more.
With a highly skilled and certified team of safety consultants, Safety first is the ideal firm to help meet your workplace safety requirements.