What is Industrial Safety Training?
The big question in the minds of many is “Is industrial safety training really required?” There are many reasons why several businesses overlook the importance of Safety Training. A few of them are mentioned here:
- It is a small start-up business that has budget constraints.
- A company waiting to be successful or profitable before considering other issues.
- Too many levels of management taking their own time to decide on an action plan.
- A powerless management where the decision power rests in the hands of a single person who has other ideas.
Being unaware of how potential hazards at a workplace can end up being fatal and actually damage their reputation.
Many industries will be surprised to know that a great many accidents occurring each year are either due to negligence on the part of the worker due to not sufficient training or because the not enough was done to prevent them. The facts mentioned below speak for themselves.
- As per the statistics published, approximately 4600 workers were killed at their workplace in the year 2012.
- In a more recent incident that occurred in Turkey in May 2014 more than 250 miner succumbed to their death due to an accident in the mines. This included workers from Turkey as well as all around the globe. The reason was under investigation however it was believed that the safety inspection was way over-due but was being neglected by the officials.
Awareness at the Industrial Workplace:
Every employee goes through an induction process. This is a good time when the worker can be informed about their roles and responsibilities. It is also a good time to provide sufficient training on the correct and safe method of handling the equipment, tools and carrying out procedures. In addition to which special training sessions can also be organised for the same. Such sessions are fruitful in keeping the workplace safe and secure and also increase productivity.
The main reasons for such a program are:
- Help the employees with using the correct clothing, protective gears for ears, eyes, etc. and make them aware of the potential hazards pertaining to these issues.
- Basic information on how to follow correct practices to avoid accidents from occurring which includes industrial hygiene training.
- For example, in case there is danger from electrical outlet, special training for the same needs to be provided. The same applies to the workplaces that make use of ladders and scaffolding as well as heavy equipment and tools.
- Furthermore it is also necessary to provide the training to the workers so that they know what to do in case of an incident to be able to minimize the damage.
How Industrial Safety Training is beneficial?
It is important to note that a training program of such a nature can only be beneficial to all concerned. Here is more information on how:
- OSHA has several strict regulations and such training sessions help you improve your knowledge.
- The training imparted in this method helps decrease the potential of any injury or health problem from occurring amongst the workers.
- Makes sure that you kept in breast with the new update as well as any new areas of concern at the workplace.
Who do you train?
It is vital to train many sections of the company as listed beneath:
- Workers (employees)
- Human Resource Personnel
- Installation Personnel
- Management & Employer too
Trusting Safety First when it comes to Safety Training:
Safety first is one firm that is well placed to help organizations on the subject of OHSA. In fact Safety First has several industrial safety training courses Ontario to offer so that the company management can have a better understanding of the same. Their team consists of certified safety professionals and an expert team of Health and safety professional consultants with experience in businesses of all sizes and a wide variety of different industries as well.
The professionals at Safety First Consulting can show you how to navigate the sometimes technical and often confusing OSHA regulations with health and safety program Ontario. They can help you figure out what regulations apply in your workplace and what you need to do to comply. Just know About us, take one of our classes, or request a Contact us form.
About the author
Sophie Moore is a Digital Marketing Analyst, in charge of many digital marketing projects that involve SEO, Social Media and mobile web strategy. Moore has a background in IT, strong experience on website development and web interface, degrees in both traditional and digital marketing at Duke University, North Carolina.
Moore has a wide experience of internet projects and keeps herself up to date with the latest technologies and trends. Moore always explains that social media is her passion, SEO a motivation and a dynamic challenge where she is involved every day.
If you like this blog, please Plus it ,Like it , Tweet it ,or best yet ,link to it